Monday 2 September 2019

Skansen - Coop Members' Day

1 September 2019

Today, I went to Skansen for free! It is free for Coop's members, so my friend invited me to go. Usually, Coop has free entries twice a year into Skansen. It was also the last day of the warm summer. You can imagine that the town is packed and everyone just wants to go out and absorb as much sun as possible. We arrived there by 10am and walked around Skansen. I have been to Skansen twice - my first time as a tourist in September 2015 and my second time in March this year to celebrate Fire Festival which is to usher in the Iranian New Year.

We walked to the Rose Garden, Herb Garden, some of the traditional houses and finally found our way to a small square where food was sold.






I treated my friend and myself to a Fried Elk meat in flat bread cone that costs SEK100. Warm meat. Tastes really good.




Next, we tried grilled herring fish served with mashed potatoes, lingonberry, onion and a cabbage leaf. In Swedish, it is called 'Sotare strömming'. We had it on hard bread for SEK40. It was the cheapest being on hard bread. It is very black and there was not much to eat either. But it was a good experience.





Then, we took a 10 minute train ride around a small part of Skansen. I have always wanted to try them. I am so happy I get to sit on one today.


Then, we made our way to the Baltic Sea Science Centre. There was a small aquarium inside and descriptions on the marine life. 






There was a 3D printed chair and it was surprisingly sturdy enough for me to sit on.


For lunch, we had baked codfish (Swedish - torsk) for SEK165 and minced beef for SEK175 at Restauration Gubbhyllan which is located near to one of Skansen's exit. Gubb means old man. Hyllan means the shelf. Really good food and I was so stuffed. I needed to walk very slowly back to the bus stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment