Sunday 8 September 2019

Sörmlandsleden 11, 12 & 12.1

7 September 2019

Rainy morning but I insisted to go on a hike - Sörmlandsleden 11 (9km), 12 (8.5km) and 12.1 (4km). I did Section 11 and 12.1 in August 2017 where we did an overnight hike. We took the commuter train to Södertälje Centrum and from there, bus 785 to Järna station. It was raining upon our arrival.


It took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes from Section 11 to 12 of a distance of 9km. 


At Section 12, we passed by a number of abandoned mines. Also, I bumped my forehead into a thick branch as I was looking down to watch my steps on the wet ground. A bump grew immediately. It took 2 weeks for the bump to go down. 



We did a wrong turn and went into 12.1 instead of proceeding to the rest of 12. The detour sapped out some of my energy. It was at this junction where we proceeded to the left immediately into 12.1 instead to the right to continue section 12. We were midway at 12.1 when we realised the mistake and the group agreed to hiked back to the junction. I followed but that was a mistake on my side because I was tired. When we took a break after the junction, two of us decided to go back to 12.1 because that is where the nearest bus stop is and took the bus home.




Today, it was in total a 21km hike but it was tiring because it rained and it took up a lot of my energy. The group was really fast and I thought that they are really strong, but I was cold and with my forehead's bump, I was not in the best condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment