Monday 21 August 2017

Sörmlandsleden 10, 11 & 12.1 : Part 1 - Day 1

19 August 2017

Another Meetup activity - an overnight hike on the Sörmlandsleden trail. We will hike Section 10, 11 and 12.1 which will be about 25km. I was very excited on the idea of staying overnight in Sweden's nature! I used to camp whenever I go hiking in Malaysia. We sleep under a fly and in the open too, even if it rains, because it is not that cold. I had hoped I could do the same in Sweden - I wondered if I could do that as it is summer. But it turned out that it was not warm enough and I decided to go inside the tent.

I took the train to Södertälje Centrum. Then, Bus 785 to Tvekaberg. There were 4 of us - 2 guys and 2 girls. I shared a tent with the other girl, and both guys slept in their own tents. The organiser is Walid. I did a hike with him earlier this month on a Sormlandsleden trail too - Section 6 & 6.1

For the first day, it was Section 10 and part of 11. The remaining was done the next day. Enjoy the photos! We had a couple of breaks during the walk and it was not a very tiring walk, except for carrying the rucksack. 





That is the group I went with. Walid, Greg and Swapna. All of the photos are mine except for the 2 dark photos at the bottom of the post which were taken by Greg. Photos of me are taken on my phone by Swapna. And if you see Swapna with me in the photo, it is taken by Walid. 

Walid is from Algeria, Greg is a local Swede and Swapna is from India. I was accustomed to camping with strangers back in Malaysia, so this is very normal for me. The walk started at 11am.

Just follow the orange mark, says Walid. The nature was gorgeous! 



















Lunch break. Me bugging Walid for a photo together.







The amount of distance we have done so far. 3 hours. Unknown distance. Haha!








We saw spring water along the way. The water is surprisingly clean.





The trail exited into a road in a small town. Swapna treated us to an ice-cream each because it was warm. Yay!









We reached our camping spot at 6.40pm. After close to 8 hours of walking and resting. It was a considerably big space among the trees. We followed Walid to find wood to build a fire. Walid built the most beautiful ever. Wow. I was impressed. 


Tent loaned by Greg to me and Swapna. 











The below 2 photos are taken by Greger Linqvist. My phone can't take clear photos in the dark especially with a fire inside.



Swapna and I in Greg's loaned tent. We had a little chat and then fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment