Thursday 3 October 2019

John Lundvik Concert

1 October 2019

It is autumn now. Cold. Windy. Rainy. Cloudy. The sun is a rare sight now. How did summer fly by so fast? Goodbye warm weather and shorts.

Today's activity is courtesy of Kompis Sverige. I was a volunteer for that day with 2 others. We went to a John Lundvik concert. I had no idea who John Lundvik so I did a bit of research and found out he was the winner of Melody Festival 2019. Melody Festival is a singing competition in Sweden and the winner gets to represent Sweden in Eurovision Song Contest. Mr Lundvik got 5th place in Eurovision. 

The last time I went to a concert was in 2014. I am not a fan of concert but I participated to experience it. It turns out that I enjoyed his singing. He sang a few of other singers' songs and a couple of his own songs which I did not find them enjoyable. He was very happy to perform this evening especially in the premise of Cirkus. I get the vibe that Cirkus must be a reputable place for artists. He sang with his backup singers that are known as 'The Mamas'. They have powerful voices. 

In the end, I was standing and shaking my hips to the music. Well, I stood up because everyone in front of me was standing and I could not see the stage. What a fantastic 90-minutes' experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment