Tuesday 26 November 2019

Tastebud : Engelen (Christmas buffet)

25 November 2019

This year, I experienced my first Christmas table buffet, also fondly known as julbord (pronounced as yool-board which means Christmas table). Christmas buffets start as early as the last week of November. You will be surprised to know that Christmas table buffets cost a lot per person and it is difficult to find an affordable. We found one that costs SEK395 per person in Engelen pub on a Monday evening. Christmas table buffets cost more from Thursdays to Sundays. As it costs only SEK395, they have the basic dishes for a Christmas table buffet. I was happy enough to try the basic ones because I was very stuffed by the end of the dinner. I ordered a non-alcoholic cider for SEK45.

There was a live band in the dining room which made it difficult for us to hear one another. So, we ate and enjoyed our meal. 




Smoked meat - a must have.


The different kinds of pickled herrings. The local supermarket sells the 3 common pickled herrings - in mustard, in onion and in garlic and dill. Here, in Engelen, there are 4 kinds of pickled herrings.


Salmon! I always view salmon as a luxury fish when I was in Malaysia but here in Sweden, it is a common fish one can find in the local supermarket.




What is a Swedish meal without sausages and meatballs?



Dessert table!


Me dressed in a long black wool dress - to hide my bulging tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment