Thursday 9 January 2020

Tastebud : Vetekatten

Happy New Year! God fortsättning (pronounced as 'fort-set-ning') which means good continuation. I thought this wish was weird but this is being wished for the first week in January. Not much has been done locally during my first week of the new year, which can only means, if you caught my word 'locally', that I have been abroad!  

8 January 2020

Today, I had fika at Vetekatten, the most famous cafe in Stockholm, probably because it is one of the oldest. This place is always packed which I do not understand why. This cafe serves similar cakes and delicacies like any other cafe. And not to mention, coffee and tea.

We had chocolate mousse with mango cream, well, I took most of it, and semla, a bun that is making lots of appearance now. I think semla is fattening but my chocolate mousse is not less fattening either, but I would like to try something different as I know how semla tastes like. Semla has its day in March where it is called fettisdagen (which means fat Tuesday) and it is on the day before the fasting month of Lent. It is a bun with whipped cream in the middle and almond paste underneath the cream. 

Chocolate mousse costs SEK54 / RM27 and the semla costs SEK48 / RM24. Well, at least the semla here is cheaper than the one in Gunnarsons which costs SEK50.



No comments:

Post a Comment