Saturday 15 February 2020

Tastebud : Systrarna Andersson

15 February 2020

Today's brunch is at Systrarna Andersson (The Sisters Andersson). I have not heard about this place until 2 weeks ago. I wanted to buy a present card for restaurants and this cafe got listed in the website. I googled it and found out that this place has been established since 1930. The only long-established cafe that I have heard is Vetekatten which was formed in 1928. They do not have a fancy interior design like the modern hipster cafes. The only interesting thing I noted in their cafe is the hangers hanging from the ceiling. 

There are no different or special buns, sandwiches or cakes in the menu. I have come to a conclusion that all cafes in Stockholm sell the same kind of buns, sandwiches and cakes. I suppose the folk here are not interested in trying anything new. 

We had the shrimp salad and shrimp sandwich that costs SEK149 each. Anything with shrimps are expensive for one reason only, I think - the shrimps are manually shelled in Africa. It is funny, right? Shrimps are caught here and shipped to Africa to be shelled and shipped back to Sweden to be sold as food. I guess no one in Sweden wants to shell the shrimps. For drinks, we had latte. SEK40 for a small cup and SEK45 for a bigger cup.











This is the first time I see two separate taps for hot and cold water. This must be the part where it is 1930.

No comments:

Post a Comment