Sunday 29 August 2021

Tastebud : Bistro Björkvik

28 August 2021

On a warm summer evening, we visited a bistro in Björkvik for dinner. This place is located right in front of the waters. Very lovely view and one can go for a walk after the meal to burn off the meal. 




I am curious what is the difference between a bistro and a restaurant. 

Here is the definition I looked up in Wellington Pub - bistro is a French style establishment with food as well as hot and cold drinks that are reasonably priced. The atmosphere is more relaxed but still chic. Bistros, even those that are not located in France, draw inspiration from French culture and style. The dishes and menu are often homestyle cooking or baking and are simple yet refined and puts a spin on classic dishes. Bistros differ from restaurants as they are more casual and outside the box of restaurant because they often have a café style atmosphere, more relaxed, and sometimes even counter or serve yourself style.

Well, I would not say that the food is reasonably priced. It is not very economical. I have not been eating out during the pandemic so I view everything as quite expensive. There is no counter or serve yourself style. Casual, yes, I can agree to that. It is not a fine dining kind of food. I was curious on the flowers that were on the table. They are so beautiful and I was informed that it is not easy to grow these flowers. It is a dahlia flower and this flower is common in my country but I did not realise that it is a dahlia. 



We got bread while waiting for the food. I did not order any appetiser because I was a bit bubbly in my stomach which was a blessing in disguise because the portion of the appetiser is equally large as the main meal. For my main meal, I had duck breast with fried rice balls for SEK255. I have not had duck meat since I came to Sweden so this was a good chance for me to order duck meat! I was quite full due to the rice balls. I enjoyed my meal. The duck breast was yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment