Wednesday 22 June 2022

Tastebud : Restaurant Springrolls

21 June 2022

Everyone loves summer. It is the time of the year where lots of folk go out, meet people, try many restaurants, drink beer (almost everyone drinks beer here or alcohol), and absorb as much Vitamin D as much possible - soaking in the sunrays. For me, I have tried different kinds of food that I do not have the desire to try new restaurants now. Plus, I cook too and I try recipes from all over the world. So, there is no foreign taste to me. 

Dinner today at a Vietnamese restaurant - Springrolls previously known as Viet Kitchen. I was informed by the staff that the menu for lunch and dinner is the same but the price for dinner is slightly more. I wonder why. Maybe the lunch portion is smaller? Tried the fried and non-fried spring rolls. SEK50 a piece. 


I had fried rice noodles with beef fillets. SEK169. For lunch, the price is SEK129. It is a huge difference. It is almost the price of one spring roll! Anyway, I did not expect this sort of fried noodles, because if I knew it was this, I would not have ordered this. This type of noodles is nothing unusual in Malaysia. 


I ordered Vietnamese coffee because that is my favourite coffee in the whole wide world. Unfortunately, I should not have ordered it because it is not as strong as the coffee I tasted in Vietnam. The cup is really small here and it costs SEK35. The coffee came with the filter and it was still dripping, Condensed milk was at the bottom of the cup and the cup is placed in a bowl of hot water to keep the coffee warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment