Tuesday 30 May 2023

Tastebud : Kattholmen

28 May 2023

Mother's Day in Sweden falls on the last Sunday of May which is different from the rest of the world where it falls on the second Sunday of May. For Mother's Day this year, we treated my boyfriend's mum to a restaurant, Kattholmen, that she has heard good reviews. Unfortunately, I could not share the same sentiments. My main dish of corn-fed chicken was hard and dry.

We were served hard bread with pesto paste as complimentary. For me, this is never complimentary and it is definitely included in the food pricing. So, for appetizer, I had chevre chaud for SEK135 (chaud = hot in French) which is a French dish where chevre cheese is served hot on a slice of bread and served with green salad. This dish is yummy but you cannot go wrong with this dish. It is very easy to make.



For the main dish, I had grilled corn-fed chicken with Madeira (a type of wine) sauce, mushrooms and smashed potatoes for SEK255. When the waiter asked how the meal was, I said that the chicken was dry and hard. He said that he will let the kitchen know. I don't know if they will do anything about it. The sauce was very little and it does not make the chicken easier to chew and swallow. Only the mushrooms were tasty. Presentation-wise, it is very welcoming but never be fooled by the presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment