Friday 8 March 2024

Tastebud : Blue Chili Thai

7 March 2024

Today, I had dinner with a new friend! It feels really great to be able to share with someone who understands and who went through similar experiences as I did to adapt in Sweden. We had dinner in a Thai restaurant. This is a new place for me. The food is not as spicy as described in the menu, 3 chillies! Haha!

We shared three dishes together and surprisingsly, we could finish them. I think it helps that we could not stop talking! We were there from 6 - 9pm. The food was salty for me and I kept drinking lots of water. It is also due to the fact that I do not use a lot of salt in my cooking. The food was tasty but they are not exceptional for me. The chef cooked two portions for each dish. The main dish comes with jasmine rice. We had:

1) Tom Yum chicken SEK189. Only the tom yum came with a tea light candle so the dish was kept warm the whole time. I put my hand next to the bowl to give a perspective on the size. I do not have a large hand but a 2-portion bowl is quite small. A guest next to us had a 1-portion bowl and it was quite small.

2) Green curry chicken (Geang Khiew Wan) SEK189. It cooled down quickly so I poured the rest in the tom yum bowl ,once we finished the tom yum, to heat up the curry. 

3) Fried rice beef (Khao Phad) SEK209. Fragrant and I think it has MSG. 


No comments:

Post a Comment