Wednesday 29 May 2024

Tastebud : Cong

27 May 2024

SUPER YUMMY Vietnamese street food! The only downside is the loud background music which made it difficult to talk to my friend. It was very warm in the restaurant too. Although it is just May, it is very warm in Stockholm now. I don't understand why do restaurants set loud music. How are customers going to talk to each other? We were in the restaurant for an hour only and left the place so that we can talk. There were many tourists in the restaurant as this place is located in Gamla Stan (Old Town), a must-see place for most tourists. 

I love the food! The two of us shared five dishes. In total, the food costed 740kr. 
1) Spicy tofu stick 138kr. Good thing it was spicy because I dislike the bland taste of tofu. 

2) Summer rolls (chicken) 148kr. Typical Vietnamese spring rolls. This is more expensive than the summer rolls (with shrimps) I had at An Nam for 128kr

3) Grilled pork 198kr. This is when we realised that we needed a bowl of rice and we ordered one to share. Yummy with the fish sauce and pickled salad. I ate with some of the lettuce leaves. 

4) Chicken burger 218kr. I love the fried chicken! The menu states that the fried chicken weighs 280g. Well, the burger was not necessary but it was quite impressive to see a knife holding the bread and the fried chicken together. Put together with mayo, coriander and chilli. The fried chicken in the burger reminded me of the fried chicken on the doughnut served at Bird.

5) Bowl of rice. 38kr. I think this is expensive after going through my older posts. For example, a bowl of rice at Lilla Kina costs 15kr! But the price may have increased today as I visited Lilla Kina in 2022. I browsed through the menu again and the price of the dishes I tried have almost doubled!

Once again, I put my hand for size perspective. I do not mind coming here again to try other dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment