Monday 18 September 2017

Apple Picking at Ekebyhov Slott

17 September 2017

Autumn in Stockholm also means apple picking! I did not know that it was possible to pluck apples here in Stockholm till my classmate in Swedish class informed me about it. And the best thing was that it was free! Of course, I am keen to go for it because I have never seen an apple orchard / garden and pluck them! This place - Ekebyhov Slott (means castle) is quite a distance from Stockholm, but it is nevertheless, accessible by buses. I was chauffeured there by my boyfriend. Hehe! 


This is Ekebyhov Slott which does not like a castle, in my opinion.



Drinks are not cheap here, as I am jobless. Haha! The cheapest are the alcohol-free drinks. 





Ta-da, the apple orchard or garden. My boyfriend was skeptical initially that one can pluck apples here for free. Most of the low-hanging fruits were plucked and we had to a little bit of climbing and used a long stick to jostle the high-hanging fruits. It was a fun activity!





Most of the trees were planted in 1910. Each tree has a sign on its origin.  





My treasure of apples! I made apple ginger jam, apple cake, apple muffins and apple strudel. 


This is what I made with my apples: Apple Crumble Muffin, Apple Strudel, Apple Cake and Apple Jam! I seldom baked when I was in Malaysia because I don't have the baking equipment. So, I am experimenting a lot with baking now.




No comments:

Post a Comment