Monday 11 September 2017

Flea Market in Enskede

9 September 2017


I did not understand the concept of flea market until I came to Sweden. I have seen one flea market in Malaysia where they have one in Amcorp Mall during the weekends but I have been there twice only. I was not very interested then because shopping was not my thing. 

The flea market in Sweden is bigger, well most of it. You can find a flea market outside a home too. Often, communities organise it during the weekends and they organise it huge. Sometimes, classes (from school) take part to fund their class trip and they usually sell food and drinks. The sellers need to pay to book a spot. The items here can be anything. Clothes (mostly), shoes, books, old (which they call as vintage) items from anywhere or anytime (can even be old lamps or old sockets - you will be surprised that people actually buy them), cutlery, jewellery, paintings, and of course, food. The items are sold at a really cheap price. Besides flea market, Stockholm has a number of second-hand shops - Myrorna, Stadshuset, Röda Korset (Red Cross). In some flea markets, they have games for kids, and the one in Enskede that I went today has pony rides. 

Ever since I knew about flea markets and second hand shops, I buy most of my clothes from here. I bought a winter jacket here, winter boots, all my working clothes, and some of my casual clothes (and that is because that I did not bring much with me from Malaysia). They are really a good buy if you are lucky.











No comments:

Post a Comment