Monday 11 December 2017

Christmas Market at Enskede

9 December 2017

My fifth and last Christmas market for 2017 was in Enskede. This is my favourite because they have a small group of Christmas carollers. Also, some stuff are cheaper here too. After 5 Christmas markets, I got the idea of how it is and got bored going to another. Haha! I look forward to Christmas markets in 2018!



There were a couple of booths managed by kids from different classes (from Enskede school) to funds their class travels. The idea of class travels were alien to me as we never had that when I was a kid. It is quite normal, though, in Sweden (probably in Europe too) that kids go on class trips in another town or camping in the forest.




I am not sure which is warmer - sheep wool or alpacka. 



Sheep wool sandals here are cheaper compared to the one I bought in Taby's Christmas Market. It costs SEK360 for my size while I bought for SEK379 in Taby. Well, I did not buy them but you get my point.



This handwork is beautiful! Little gnomes figurines made from wood. 1 piece is priced at SEK20/RM10. 5 in a box costs SEK80/RM40.




Handpainted clothings. Gorgeous designs. They can be washed in a washing machine. A few was selling for more than SEK300.




Cheap beer. There was a queue waiting to buy the beer. 3 bottles for SEK100/RM50. It is sold in the size of the usual wine bottles.


Indoor market in the Church. Meatballs on bread selling for SEK40/RM20. This must taste good because lots of people bought this. 





Drawings on wood lined by electrical pen that produces heat. One kid who was doing it said that it smelt disgusting. It was organised by the Church.



Smoked herring. 580g for SEK127/RM63.50. Is it cheap? I have no idea.


The best part - Christmas choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment