Sunday 27 May 2018

Namaste India Festival 2018

26 May 2018

India is here in Stockholm! Well, that should not be surprising because there are LOTS of Indian folk here because of IT and Science. As we all know, there is a reputation among the Indian folk for their IT competency and since Sweden is all about technology, it is natural that they are here.

Today, I am here to see their India Festival. It was extremely crowded. Lots of food booth. I love Indian food but I don't love the prices here. I gawked at almost all the prices because I compared them with its price in Malaysia. 


I did not know that Saravanaa Bhaan is the World's Number One Indian Vegetarian Restaurant Chain. Well, I have not tried them in Malaysia, also not sure where they are in Malaysia. Probably in Little India in Klang or Bangsar. Anyway, check out their prices.

I usually have plain dosa (or 'thosai') for dinner in Malaysia after my usual evening runs and it costs SEK75 here! OH MY GAWD. That is like RM37.50. I pay like RM3.50 back home. 2 pieces of chappathi for SEK70/RM35. I could not bear to buy them. Chappathi is one of the cheapest Indian meal back home - even cheaper than Dosa. Even the mango lassi which is usually an expensive drink in Malaysia costs SEK60/RM30 here. That is way too expensive for me to consume. 








As the queues were extremely long, we decided to have food from a food truck. I am not sure if it's Indian food but they have yogurt sauce. We chose 'chicken over rice' for SEK95. I should seriously stop converting all my meals. Haha! The meal was yummy. 



I saw an Indian couple next to us having Indian food. The folded bread is Dosa. The orange dessert is Rava Kesary (SEK70). The 2 pieces of fried balls are Medhu Vada (SEK50). I usually buy them for tea break after my lunch (in Malaysia) and it costs RM0.50 per piece for me. Here, RM25 for 2.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment