Friday 30 November 2018

Korean Cooking Class 2018

29 November 2018

For the first time in my life, I joined a cooking class. I am not an excellent cook. I can cook simple meals but I rather that no one else tries them. Haha! Today after work, I joined a Korean cooking class that was organised by the South Korean Embassy. A friend of mine invited me and since there is no fee involved, why not? All the ingredients were prepared and we did not need to bring anything.



This is our menu where each group has to prepare. There are 4 in a group and thankfully, I sat next to a Korean girl (she was adopted and grew up in Sweden) who knows how to cook! There were 14 persons who attended and we were separated into 4 groups.


This kitchen has all the utensils in the world!




This is our teacher, Jonas who has not been to Korea but can cook Korean meals. Just read the recipe. I got some personal guidance because that is how lousy I am in cooking! To my defense, the recipes were in Swedish and I was not familiar with some cooking terms.













Some of the dishes we cooked were chicken and spinach soup, cucumber kimchi, dumplings (as can be seen in the above photos that were done by our Korean-Swedish team member), stir fried marinated beef (pulgogi), spinach salad and bean sprout salad. Teacher cooked the rice. 







We were super stuffed after dinner and got to bring back some of the food. 

What an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment