Wednesday 23 January 2019

Skiing - My second time

20 January 2019

I had a free 1-hour ski lesson today at Spånga Sports Center with the same group that organised this last year - Hej Främling (Hie Sweden). Similar to Kompis Sverige, it is a non-profit organisation that organises activities for foreigners in Sweden. Last year, the activity was held in the evening and it was dark at 4pm. This year, it is at 11am and it was bright and sunny, and not to mention icy cold at -7 degrees! This activity today will be my second time attempting to learn how to ski. I am still not financially secure to pay for skiing lessons, in case you are wondering why is it only my second time and I am not going for more lessons. 

Last year, I wore a size 39 pair of boots and this year, I got size 40. They could not find a size 39 for me, and so they gave me a 40. It fitted me nicely but I fell down more times than I did last year. I lost count actually. I even fell more times than I did when I skated. Ugh. My friend informed me that ski shoes have to be tight, and it could be a reason on why I fell numerous times. 


We had an instructor who taught us how to walk on the skis without ski poles. It was a bit difficult as I had no grip on anything. I skied around the stadium twice and I got tired of falling, so I returned the skis and I hope that I will have better luck next week. They have 4 free ski lessons and I will be missing the last 2. 







No comments:

Post a Comment