Sunday 20 January 2019

Tastebud : Johan & Nyström (Norrlandsgatan)

20 January 2019


A friend recommended this place as one of the best cafe in town - Johan & Nyström. There are a few branches in town. Stockholm has LOTS of cafes. I am not kidding when I highlight the word 'LOTS'. I think it is because of the fika activity they have here. Fika means to drink coffee or tea and eat something sweet as a social activity. You can even have a first date during fika so you can end the event early if the date sucks. Anyway, I was here because I joined a Chinese Language cafe. I joined Swedish Language cafe previously and then, I realised that I was losing grasp of my Mandarin as I seldom speak it. This is a group of people that meet up in cafes and train with one another in the said language.

Back to the cafe. This cafe has 4 branches in Stockholm and we went to the one that is located on Norrlandsgatan 20. I checked the website and this cafe is owned by Espresso House. I had the brewed coffee for SEK37/RM18.50 (thought it was the cheapest until I saw that the espresso cost SEK32). I can’t bring myself to order hand-brewed La Esperanza coffee (from Nicaragua) for SEK70. Normal coffee usually includes second fillings which I did ask. 

To understand why I said expensive, a small cup of coffee in a 7-11 cost SEK20/RM10. My friend had a cup of tea that has the price of either SEK35 or SEK40. Also, a hard boiled egg costs SEK15/RM7.50. It is not even herbal tea egg. Still, there were no empty seats in the cafe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment