Sunday 21 April 2019

Drama: Förlovningen (The Engagement)

16 April 2019

I watched a play last evening at Dramaten (The Drama) formally known as Royal Dramatic Theater, Sweden’s national scene for spoken drama with my friends from Kulturkompis. The last time we met, it was to watch Opera. This is our fourth meetup. During our first meetup, I was informed by the group leader that we meet 4 times within 6 months. The first time - Millesgarden and the second time - Hallwy Museum.

We watched the play inside a small theatre which was behind the huge theatre. The small theatre was built in 1945. I have officially lost count of how many plays I have been to within this one year and I am very sure there are more theatres that I have not stepped inside yet. 


We watched a 1 hour 45 minutes play entitled ‘Förlovningen (fur-lov-ning-en)’ (The Engagement). Can you see the title of the play? It was so hilarious. The audience was laughing a lot including me! It was about a man who was to be engaged and has an affair with a night club singer (who has admirers in a form of a general and legal clerk). The man was caught in the end but his new wife forgave him because she sees her new husband as a man now as he has had other women and not just a childish boy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment