Saturday 6 April 2019

Kung Roger Opera

2 April 2019

Today, I watched an opera for the first time at the Royal Opera, titled Kung Roger (King Roger), thanks to Kulturkompis. I went with 2 friends from the group (where we meet 4 times in a span of 6 months). Depending on tickets availability, we get to enjoy these cultural events without a fee. I have met up with this group twice. This is our third outing together. The first time - Millesgarden and the second time - Hallwy Museum.

This is my first time in the hall and it is beautiful! It looked so grand.  

I expected an old school opera performance but instead I got a modern scene with the king in a suit, fantastic technical props, Matrix-like scenes, Swedish subtitles (opera was in Polish) above the stage which was a bit inconvenient because I have to shift my gaze to the top to read the subtitles to the scene to watch the play and a huge screen above the stage that showed a snake trying to kill the king (in the beginning). Sometimes, I got tired doing that and decided to focus on the play. No photos and videos allowed during the show, so I only took a picture after the opera ended. There was an orchestra below the stage that accompanied the entire opera.





This is my group from Kulturkompis. It consists of 2 non-Swedes (me and a Turkish lady) and 2 Swedes (one of them is not in the photo). We communicated better after 2 meets. 







No comments:

Post a Comment