Saturday 15 June 2019

Kayaking - First time

13 June 2019

Today, I did kayaking for the first time for about 2 hours. Well, it was actually my second time but my first time is not counted because it was a 20-minute trial and I did not do a long tour with the kayak. So, I did today's kayaking with the Stockholm Kayaking Group in Meetup. It costs SEK270 to rent all the equipment - including life jacket and skirt. We gathered at Rålis (pronounced at Ro-lis) Kayak. I was so nervous when I stared at the waters, praying that I will not fall into the cold waters. It was cloudy that evening and it rained in the midst of our kayaking.

One of the reasons that I am keen on kayaking is my goal to do as much as water activities this summer and explore the archipelago. Sweden is, after all, surrounded by so much water. Stockholm is even known as 'Sweden's Venice'. 




This is our guide, Humlan who taught us how to use the foot paddle and get inside the kayak.



I felt so unstable as I got inside the kayak. I was so worried that I will fall inside the waters. One of the participants fell inside the water when he pushed the paddle too deep into the waters and lost his balance. I don't think I can survive if I fall inside. 



It was so misty as we paddled around. We did stop for a 30-minute break. 










It was a fantastic experience being able to kayak! I am going again next week for a midnight kayak! I can imagine it will be so gorgeous with the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment