Tuesday 5 July 2022

Tastebud : Trattorian (2nd time)

4 July 2022

I met some friends for dinner after work and we tried Trattorian which has such expensive food. I went here last year for my birthday and the brunch was great. So, I thought why not with the dinner. As all expensive restaurants are, the portion is small but I did not want to order more. 

This is my Pappardelle al ragù for SEK195. According to Wikipedia, Pappardelle is large, very broad, flat pasta, similar to wide fettuccine, Ragù is a meat-based sauce that is commonly served with pasta. So, the English explanation for this dish is Chuckroll ragout, redwine, garlic, herbs & fuscella di Napoli. The dish is nothing exceptional for me. 

More googling in the meaning of the dish:
1) Chuckroll is a cut of a meat from a cow. It is a large, boneless cut that’s taken from between the backbone and ribs. This means that the meat will have a mix of tough and tender. Source from Price of Meat.
2) Ragout is a savory dish with chunks of meat and vegetables cooked together into a stew. 
3) Fuscella di Napoli is a type of cheese. It is the white blob in the middle of the dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment