Friday 9 June 2023

Tastebud : Madame

8 June 2023

Today's dinner at Madame was SO YUMMY! It is Korean food and I eat it very seldom. It does not usually cross my mind to eat Korean food. Also, the prices discourage me. The first time I had Korean food was at Arirang and it was expensive for me then, as I was not working. Today, it costs even more and I would not go there so often either. In fact, I eat out very seldom. I am working now but I do not find it attractive enough to eat out when I know how to cook them.

There are not many food options to choose from in the menu which I think it is good. One will not be clueless on what to eat. It is a good thing too that we are three persons so that we could try more dishes. Always an advantage to come in a group when one has Asian food. 

For starters, we shared:

1. Kimchi jeon (Kimchi pancake) 140kr. I love the crispy and fried texture of this. It does not taste like the usual pancakes that I have eaten.
2. Tteokbokki (Rice pancakes) 135kr. This texture is very chewy and I feel like I cannot stop chewing. It is a very dense texture. I like the sauce. It could be gochujang. 
3. Hoe (Raw fish with chili and rice vinegar) 165kr. This is a combination of 3 fishes. One of them is tuna. The taste is very mild in this dish after trying 1 and 2. 





For the main dish, we shared the below. Everything was so yummy!

1. Bo ssam (pork belly with salted cabbage and ssamjang) 265kr. This is very juicy and tender. Yums! The pork belly is wrapped inside a salad leaf. 
2. Dak bokkeum tang (spicy braised chicken) 260kr. This is not spicy for me. Maybe after having the short rib stew, this was nothing. 
3. Maeun kalbi jjim (spicy short rib stew) 275kr. This dish is really spicy but not numb-spicy like Sichuan food, so I am able to enjoy the food. 

The steel bowls in the photo below contain rice. The three small plates on the side are side dishes which are kimchi. 





This spicy short rib stew has very thick stew. I asked the waiter how the stew is made. He explained that the stew was reduced to this consistency and added that sugar is added. That explains. Sugar can result in this thick and sticky consistency. It reminds me of the golden syrup I make for my mooncake.


No comments:

Post a Comment