Thursday 8 July 2021

Wellness Allowance : Footcare (again)

8 July 2021

Today, I utilised my wellness allowance for footcare again. I did footcare for the first time last year in October 2020 due to Corona as I believe it is much safer if my foot gets cared for. I went back to the same foot therapist. Foot therapist here has to go through a course and be certified. This time, I did not get any tea and cookies. I wonder if it is because I visited in the summer while I visited this place last year in autumn and it was colder so I got cookies and tea, maybe?

Anyway, I have decided that I will try another foot therapist next time which is much nearer to my place. I think it is great to vary service providers when there is such an option. 

The photos are not very clear because I minimised the size of the photos. My toes are pink and clean again. For now. The first session took 30 minutes and I utilised SEK810 and this time, it took 45 minutes and cost more - SEK890. I did not realise there was a difference in the price until I checked my last year wellness allowance. Odd.


The feet get a bath first. I soaked my feet for about 10 minutes to soften the toenails which will make the nails easier to treat.


Then, the soles get filed to remove any hardened skin.


Followed by shaping, grinding and polishing the sharp edges and rough nails.


I did not take further pictures. The therapist removed the dirt from under the nails but it was not very thorough. There was a little dirt left so I went home and removed them. After the dirt removal, the therapist massaged my feet and put my socks back on for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment