Sunday 16 April 2023

Tastebud : Austin Food Works

15 April 2023

New grill place to try! Austin Food Works. I am starting to like grilled food and can appreciate the flavour. So far, I have been to AG (this is my first experience in tasting grilled meat and it has been my benchmark ever since) twice, Grill (I had grilled lamb) and GUTE (this was almost as good as the one in AG. Almost). Grilled meat in burgers do not count here.

For my boyfriend's birthday, I treated him to this restaurant as he likes grilled meat. We got a BBQ plate for 2 persons for SEK699. It is not as good as my previous grilled meat experience. We were very full and took some back where we had it the next day which tasted better. I could enjoy the taste when I am not very stuffed. To enjoy this meal, you need to be really hungry and have done heavy work for the day.

The food on the BBQ plate as plucked from their websiteSmoked brisket, Austin ribs, jalapeno & cheese sausage. Served with butter seared corn cob, dill pickles, mac N´ cheese, coleslaw, Austin style black beans, chipotle hot sauce, BBQ sauce, corn bread with whipped butter. 

The mac and cheese was too much for me. Also, I am not a fan of macaroni and cheese to start with. I enjoyed the sausages and austin ribs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment